Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unless it's raining constantly (and I kind of doubt that since we're 17" below normal rainfall this summer), I will have my car at the 6th Annual Mid-Maryland All Ford Meet on Saturday Aug. 24th at the venerable Mason-Dixon Dragway in Boonsboro, Maryland. This is a close haul for all of us near DC, Northern Virginia, Baltimore, northern WV, and Central PA. We went last year and it was real nice. All kinds of nice Fords, good selection of classic Mustangs, all parked on the cool green lawn. Vendors, swap meet, car corral... and right down the hill they have an old country 1/4 mile dragstrip (NHRA sanctioned) where the Fords run the traps all day long.

I'll be there in my VMF tee-shirt and big ole' straw hat. Stop 'n say hi if you see us. Thanks to Nedcrane for helping me get the car ready for this show ... TCP subs, racing mirrors, wheel fitment tests, etc./forums/images/icons/smile.gif!

Ken

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
My friends were successful in persuaded me to load up the Fastback (they will supply the trailer), take it to this meet, and try it out on the dragstrip. After many years of work, I'm a little apprehensive about racing it so soon. I'm going to look into making a few trial runs then perhaps be able to put it in the show. They even offered me DOT slicks, but I've decided to stick with the street BFG radial TAs and let things spin. Its been 35+ years since running a car down a dragstrip so here's hoping I don't goof up too much! I'll also be wearing my VMF tee shirt and I hope to see other VMFers there.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Great! I have not been to a concert in years.So what do I have to do this Saturday? Thats right ..I bought two tickets months ago to a show at Merriweather. The "Goo Goo Dolls"...(wife likes them). At the time it seemed like a good idea (It was right after I received my four post lift). But now it stinks...(looked over my shoulder to make sure my wife was no where around. I'm no dummy). Anyways....have fun guys. BTW...don't they have the spring and fall Ford fests at 75/80 drag strip anymore?

G

·
0 Posts
I also will be attending the mason dixon show on saturday with my k code 65 fastback pending rain which
they are calling for occasional thunderstrorms. I dont have a vmf t shirt but i will have a mustang shirt on so
stop by and identify yourself when you are voting. My car will be the caspian blue fastback with the mirrors
around it showing off the detailed undercarriage. tks terry

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Hey Ken,I'm going to try to make it Saturday.We currently have a water ban in Howard county due to the drought,so I'll have to clean up the sunliner with some glass cleaner and a duster.See you there...

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
You'll probably get over it in two passes and be powershifting in no time.I'm curious to see what it will do.Remember,don't be too concerned about the E.T. at first.The MPH shows how much power you're making,and anybody can hold the throttle nailed for a quarter mile.The E.T. is about traction,suspension,and driving experience.It takes time to really find out what it will do.In '87 when I was drag racing,my fastback was running 13.40's first time out,and by the end of the season we were down to mid 12's at 109-110 MPH,with the same basic parts combination.If you get a kick out of watching your car go down the track,I'll drive for you and save you the misery...And even buy your lunch.....Can't blame me for trying,can you?...See you there...

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I'm picking up SWMBO's car in Ashburn, just south of Fredrick. I'm going to try to talk my co-driver and his son (bowtie boys) into sliding over. I think all I have to do is say DRAGSTRIP. I'll bring my VMF shirt.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its a good thing you keep the Sunliner so clean... one or two spritzes with cleaner and a dusting should do fine. They haven't banned car washing in Montgomery Co. yet but I'm expecting it any day now. I'm going to take the PM off today and wash the car, then do the Imperial Hand Glaze and finish detailing the trunk. Then get the cameras ready... I'm hoping to get an action shot of Bernie tearing down the drag strip/forums/images/icons/cool.gif!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts