Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to know if anyone out there has an extra midland spacer they are willing to part with or knows of a vendor to get one. The NOS midland booster that I purchased did not include one and I'd really like to finish the PDB setup.

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
116 Posts
Midland spacer

I recently purchased an NOS unit from Booster Dewey for $40. He is rebuilding my unit so I am not sure if he sells them outright. I also found some used ones on the 428 CJ forum for $35 through a want-ad.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Just wanted to know if anyone out there has an extra midland spacer they are willing to part with or knows of a vendor to get one. The NOS midland booster that I purchased did not include one and I'd really like to finish the PDB setup.

Thanks,
Chris
If you need a spacer for your booster, you do not have a 67 68 Midland.

The Bendix as used on the 69/70 had the spacer, not the Midland.

Midland is a self mounting unit, not extra parts needed.

SO---If you purchaced a booster from???, that needs extra parts to install, then you got the Big Green Ween--e!

If it needs a Spacer, Bracket to mount the push rod, a Adjustable push rod, or a booster that fits a Drum brake pedal, it is not correct.

Dan @ Chockostang

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Is he meaning the white plastic piece with foam that I believe goes between the booster and the master cylinder? Just wondering??

·
Registered
116 Posts
Spacer

I was referring to the aluminum and plastic spacer between the booster and master cylinder. Otherwise Dan is correct. No spacer between midland booster and firewall.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am looking for the football shaped spacer between the MC and Booster. I have attached pics of my booster for your review.

Attachments

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Dan, I appreciate the note. Talk to ya soon.

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
Sounds like Dan has one for you. It's an aluminum casting with a molded plastic part snapped on. Looks like it provides a vent for the non vacuum side of the diaphragm. Maybe Dan can/will confirm it's purpose. IIRC it originally had a piece of coarse open foam to keep big chunks of dirt/crud out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts