Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 66 GT Fastback is currently undergoing restoration. Today, I decided to clean up the two front spindles, blast them and paint them. The right side has a casting code of C3DA-6017B, correct for 1966 cars. The left side has a casting code of C3DA-6018B, correct for 64.5 - 65 cars, with dates prior to 9/10/64. It should be C5ZA-3108-B for both later 65's and all 66's. Hmmm...I guess the spindle broke sometime, and it was replaced with an early version. The part numbers are C5ZZ-3106-C (installed), but should be -D. I wonder what the changes might incur with the various parts installed on the spindle...anyone know?

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
No, I don't know that, but I do know I'll have a real mess trying to get the engine/drivetrain working in mine. NONE of my numbers match!

How's your project progressing? I must have missed some of your updates, sorry.

·
Premium Member
19,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How's your project progressing? I must have missed some of your updates, sorry.
Slowly. I'm burned out on welding, and in the middle of Honey-Do's, business travel, and Car Show chairmanship. I decided that with a free weekend and not interested in welding, I'd clean up some of the suspension pieces in anticipation of the day, loooong way off, when the wheels get back on Midlife!

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
I know what you are saying. We just got off of a BUSY season and I'm first able to work on the stang. For lack of shop space, I stored the car away for awhile and am concentrating on the engine work....which is a LONG WAYS away from getting into the car and running!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts