Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
88 Mustang GT, Brand new red paint, tires, waterpump, Flex-lite fan, clutch, new aluminum radiator, flowmaster catback exhaust, clear-out corner lights. Sunroof (doesn't leak), power windows, etc. The interior is near perfect with no rips/tears/burns on the seats. Car runs great. The price is $3300 or best offer.

Sound like a deal? 112,000 miles, transmission is good except some problem with first gear. I'm going to take a look at it tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
it sounds good to me. I paid 2500 for my bone stock 88 GT Vert that needed a new top and had bald tires. Where is it, If you don't buy I have two friends looking for a nice reasonable priced Fox body.

IMHO I think the prices of 86-93 fox bodys is leveling off. There is still a demand for these cars but there is plenty to chose from. It's hard to go by the book value because you find them in all sorts of conditions, It's like vintage mustangs you really need to take a good look at it and make an edumacated guess of what it's worth....

·
Registered
680 Posts
Car doesn't sound to bad, but, remember, t-5's get expensive to fix or replace....I would try to get the owner to get the transmission fixed for that price, or, I would walk away.....That transmission is the weak link in the 5.0's.....they are great, as long as they work. Most junk yards get around $500.00 for a t-5, with no guarantee......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts