1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI MIKE
SAW YOUR ANSWER TO THE POST ON C4 TO 4-SPEED
HAVE A QUESTION TO ASK YOU.
I HAVE BUILT UP A COMPLETE PEDAL ASSEMBLY WHICH CONSISTS OF THE SUPPORT, BRAKE PEDAL AND CLUTCH PEDAL i WANT TO TAKE THE OLD ASSEMBLY OUT OF THE CAR AS A COMPLETE UNIT AND REPLACE IT WITH THE NEW ONE.
DO YOU SEE ANY PROBLEMS HAVE ANY TIPS ?
WILL I HAVE TO DROP THE STEERING WHEEL ?

·
Registered
514 Posts
Shouldn't be a problem at all, as long as you've used a Mustang pedal support for your replacement. I found out the hard way that although falcon and fairlane suppports look identical to the casual observer they are not. You do have to drop the steering column, but it's really not a big deal, just a couple of bolts drops the support. If I remeber correctly those bolts also hold the front of the pedal support in place. I also removed my steering wheel and instrument cluster to make the job a lot easier. Also, when you install the new support and cinch down the bolts, make sure none of your wiring is trapped between the support and the dash. I had a short in my wiring I could not find, turns out the resistor wire was stuck between the two and the insulation was pinched. I do have one suggestion, make sure to replace all the bushings in the assembly NOW while you have it out of the car. Check the NPD catalog, they have all the little parts. It really makes a difference in durability and driveability. Good luck on your swap.

65 Fastback 289 4spd in storage :-(
91 CRX Si... A.K.A. my go-kart with AC!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts