Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SUCCESS!!!!!

I drove my mustang out of the garage. It was very loud. It was very cool. I got the car in October 2005. Almost 4 years later. It seems longer. I'll the the pics posted soon.

The transmission was not working well. I added almost a quart of trans fluid. And it worked well. So then I drove around the block.

+ Car = $2500
+ Parts and Time = Too Much
+ Driving it for the first time = Priceless

·
Registered
327 Posts
1 small step for man, 1 giant step for mustangkind!//congrats

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
First rides are always nice. Congrats.

Frank65 said:
Even more exciting is the 435th drive when you're pretty sure you got all the bugs worked out!
:thumbsup:
Yea, like the bugs are ever worked out of these cars. I will say that no matter what I do to the car, it gets a test drive. I even took it out after putting on the YOM plate.lol

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
geofferito said:
SUCCESS!!!!!

I drove my mustang out of the garage. It was very loud. It was very cool.
I'm right there with ya brother! That first drive is something I'll never forget. Enjoy.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
AzPete said:
First rides are always nice. Congrats.

Frank65 said:
Even more exciting is the 435th drive when you're pretty sure you got all the bugs worked out!
:thumbsup:
Yea, like the bugs are ever worked out of these cars. I will say that no matter what I do to the car, it gets a test drive. I even took it out after putting on the YOM plate.lol
I hesitate to say this [knocks wood] but so far, this is the first year I haven't had to have the car towed home from somewhere. It won't be official until after Nick's minifeed but I think I may finally have the bugs worked out!

Now it's time for more mods!

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Oh, and Geoff, on my maiden voyage I discovered a mile from home that I forgot to tighten my front wheel lug nuts with no tools on board!

I hand tightened them, drove a few hundred feet and stopped to tighten them again and kept it up until I got home!

So I'm glad your maiden voyage was memorable in a non-eventful way!

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
my first test drive was fun, my lower arm cam bolt, snapped on the passenger side. I was taking a turn it broke and i lost control and almost hit a curb at 25mph.

turned out my bolt was defective. It had an air bubble inside of it :(. I ditched all that junk hardware for AMK after that.

first drives are very exciting. :)

oh i forgot as messed up as my car was, i only had to tow it once. that was when the front tire blew out on the highway as i was driving to the alignment shop to figure out why my car was bouncing up and down. the tire blew i had no spare, so i got towed to the alignment place where they discovered the reason the tire blew out was all the tires on the car were no good anymore. so i came in on a tow truck, rolling kragar rims and some junk tires and left with magnum 500s rolling on coopers :).

i still can't believe that car didn't break down and leave me stranded somewhere since it really was in horrible condition before i mechanically restored it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts