Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first big milestone was packing up the welder and sending it back down to the basement. I have finished all the welding work finally. I also stripped the dashboard and doors down and I'm ready to prime the dash and topcoat the doors. I used the wirewheel method of stripping the doors down so the grain is intact. I also managed to get the steering column out, wirewheeled it down and primed/painted it as well.

So, while I was cleaning up, MR FEDEX arrived with my brand new Finishline 3 HPLV gun. Even though it is a lower end model, it's the best gun I have owned with all the others being junk models good for primer. So, the next goal is to get the exterior prepped for primer and then paint the floorboards. Since school starts tomorrow, the kids will be gone and I can get some real work done.

I am going with the 67 Acapulco blue w/ blue interior. I did decide to paint the dash/doors white to offset all the blue. the local home depot stocks rattle cans of Rustoleum gloss white lacquer for $4 a can. It sprays better than the stuff in the catalogs. I also decided to experiment with the blacktop repair calking as a seam sealer for the rear seat pans. At $3.00 a tube, I really don't have anything to lose. I will use the 3M stuff in all the visible/painted areas.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Nice going. We are about at the same point(welding finished now body work). Keep it up and it will ge there.
Troy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts