Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Milo, I suggest you call the widow. You said it has been several weeks, and usually after a few weeks have passed, the reality of the loss hits home and then all of the comforters have gone on with their lives. Talking about the departed is a huge piece of the grief.

In my day job, I am a shrink, so I work with people all the time. She is more likely to appreciate your call then to resent it. Besides, I am sure there is a story behind the Mustang because they owned it for such a short time. I believe she will be thrilled to talk to someone who wants to know about the car and her husband. It will give her the gift of remembering (hopefully) good times in the 60's.

You probably are not old enough to remember when the Mustang first was available. It was not a muscle car at all. It was more a light duty, sporty looking car for the lady to drive to the grocery. My guess is the PO bought the car for his wife and after a few months, she decided she didn't like it and she told him to trade it for a bigger car-- say-- a Buick.

Use your own judgment. Give her your condolences since you regret not being able to talk to him, ask how it happened, and that you already feel part of the family even though you have never met her.

Hope you get the dang thing running!! (the Mustang, I mean).

·
Registered
187 Posts
Sloat said:
Besides, I am sure there is a story behind the Mustang because they owned it for such a short time. I believe she will be thrilled to talk to someone who wants to know about the car and her husband. It will give her the gift of remembering (hopefully) good times in the 60's.
Unless of course she sold it because she caught him shagging that blond divorcee tramp from up the road in it!!

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
hehehehe... thanks Sloat... I am still waiting for a return call from the pastor. Not sure if I'll receive it or not. The obituary says the two were married for 56 years so I think they left on good terms. :)

And no, I was still 14 years down the road when these cars first came out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts