Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
that thing is pretty cool, ill defenetly be putting one of those in the 68 coupe.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I bought one a few days ago. will probably install in next month.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
I've put them in some other Mustangs I've had. They are really too small to be informative. It is more of a bling thing. Still, it beats the a fake clock Ford put in!

·
Registered
131 Posts
G'day All.

An Aussie member emailed me to tell me that my Mini-Tach had made an appearance on the VMF! It's been a long while since I've been on as I sold my fastback earlier in the year. I'm on the lookout for a replacement at the moment and will build something special if I can find the right 67/68 fastback roller (and no it will not be an Eleanor or Shelby clone!).

I'm not going to shamelessly promote my Mini-Tach through the forum but I'm more than happy to answer any questions you may have. I've mad a small production run at the moment and am trialling them on eBay to test the demand. I've already had two enquires from North America regarding possible distribution and will be addressing this after Christmas.

One of you members mentioned the tach may be too small. It is of course smaller than the original but if you don't have aproblem with reading the temp gauge or fuel gauge you won't have a problem with the tach. I've deliberately maximised the dial and expanded the scale to make it as legible as possible. For those who need something bigger, I'm testing a column mounted 2-5/8" tach with similar graphics which may go into production next year - Retro style of course. I've also had two enquiries for hood tachs but don't know much about these at all.

Anyway, thanks and PM me if you have any queries.

Cheers, Mike

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Hey ausie Mike, I'm not trying to knock your product. I took an aftermarket small tach and made it fit. Yours has the matching dial and is pretty cool. But it really is too small to be effective. Yes the temp and fuel and amp guages are small, but they are not moving while you are looking at them. LOL The other guages also don't need to be viewed over and over again and with critical timing like a tach does. Cool bling, but bling just the same. Now make a cheap 8K tach that looks like the original and THEN you'll have something!!

PS: your clock is also still cheaper than a factory clock to fill the same hole!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts