Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First the Doofus.. This Sunday, I finally settle down to start working on the car. Basically I got a really good deal on some Motorsport 9mm plug wires in the Universal kit. Very nice wires and they should hold up much better than my burned out standard wires. So, I change my plugs, then I start removing the old plug wires one at a time, as well as marking the distributor cap with a marker as I go. I then plug the new wires to the plugs, get them all set up in the wiring loom and mark off the lengths to the distributor cap. I then carefully cut the wires to the proper length, crimp them up and boot them nicely, and reinstall them to the plugs. ONLY THEN do I notice that the distributor cap has the female ends instead of the post type contacts that the wires connect to. DOH!!!

So, does anyone happen to know the Mallory homepage? I need a new distributor cap with the post type contacts for my Mallory Unilite distributor, and I can't seem to find it when i do a search online. Thanks

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
jeg's and summit sell the motorsport late model style cap with male terminals and the lower part of the cap...it's 25 bucks.

It's a great upgrade for the older v8's, which actually have the same diameter distributor as the newer stuff!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts