Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this yesterday...

The passenger side mirror on my '72 is really loose. I tried tighting the screw but it wont go anymore. Should I get a new mirror or is there something else I can do?

What I mean is the swivle inside (the mirror), not the housing, thats loose.

Thanks for the info...and sorry for asking for more.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Take it apart to see if you can repair it. Take the screw out and remove all you can, you might be able to fix it.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
I just fixed mine on my 73. You have to take the 1 screw out, It is the only one holding it in the base. There are no adjustments you can make to tighten it up.
This is where an extra set of hands come in handy. Where the back bracket goes into to the back of the mirror. That little round socket. there is a ridge, very narrow on the mirror back. I put the ridge on the enge of my vise then took a flat blade screw driver and put it on the top side of the ridge and hit the screw driver with a hammer. I rotated the mirror repeating the smaking on the ridge, Be careful or you could break the mirror. It was just enough to tighten around the little round socket that it now stayes in place when I am driving.
I hope I made this clear enough. If not just ask.
Mine turned out very good!

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Ahhh yes.... the "re-staking operation" good job.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts