Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,
When I upgraded to my current stroker build, I left behind a number of very good rotating and misc parts...
1.Crank with chamfered oil holes, and cross drilled for a 289/302. It needs the journals cleaned up. This was a balanced rotating system with the following pistons and rods.
2. A set of hyper pistons with rods (.040)
3. Dbl roller timing chain and gears with cam concentric.
4.Two sets of hardened push rods
5. a couple of misc engine gasket sets for SBF
6. A custom ProSystems 680 CFM Holley XE carb (excellent condition with a air cleaner)
7. Two sets of MSD HVC Ignition boxes and special coils

All of the mechanical parts have less than a couple thousand miles, if that.
Contact me with any interest, I'll forward pics and details, then you make an offer.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Messaged about
Currie built 3.25 locking 8" third member complete (excellent condition but heavy, as you might imagine)
Hi, I'll have to pull my invoice to determine which locking convention it is. They have a few different types. I ran it for about 5 years, after which, I converted to a T5z, so was able to go with a lower (3.55 Equa-Lok) rear. It's a 28 spline. For those running a C4 , it's a good compromise.
Where are you located?

KenA
Severna Park, Md

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hi, I'll have to pull my invoice to determine which locking convention it is. They have a few different types. I ran it for about 5 years, after which, I converted to a T5z, so was able to go with a lower (3.55 Equa-Lok) rear. It's a 28 spline. For those running a C4 , it's a good compromise.
Where are you located?

KenA
Severna Park, Md
Perfect, we'll carry our conversation outside. I'm on a C4 with factory axles.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Dang I was working all day and finally able to check out the new stuff for sale. I was going to ask about the rear end but cturboaddict beat me to it. How about the crank, rods, and pistons? Are they 289 or 302?

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dang I was working all day and finally able to check out the new stuff for sale. I was going to ask about the rear end but cturboaddict beat me to it. How about the crank, rods, and pistons? Are they 289 or 302?
The rotating stuff is all out of my 1st 289 performance build. Basically, was stroked to 302. The Pistons are + .040. PM for more details.
Yep, the rear has been claimed.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The rotating stuff is all out of my 1st 289 performance build. Basically, was stroked to 302. The Pistons are + .040. PM for more details.
Yep, the rear has been claimed.
Hi, you ask about the pistons and rods? The pistons are flattops, with valve reliefs. The rods are 289 length and all have been balanced, that is, they have been balanced in weight to within a few grams of each other. Each is stamped as to their position within the block. They are .040 over. This means your block needs to be bored and honed to receive a 4.040" piston. It's common practice. Here's a pic.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts