Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,
I was at a show/cruise-in in Vernonia, Or today, and the guy parked next to us was selling his "64 1/2"... He's from Scappoose, Wa, and it is Wimpledon White, 289 (200 I6 originally) with pin striping around the scoops and a Wily E Coyote/Roadrunner on the rear.
While it was a nice car, he had it listed as a 64 1/2 but it had...
1965 Horn placement (on the grille, not in the engine compartment)
1965 Door handles (screw not clip type)
1965 Instrument panel (ALT light not GEN light)
1965 Mustang text (the longer version)
An alternator rather than a generator...

I pointed these out to him, and he replied "well, it's still a nice car..."

I don't know if he bought it as a 1964 1/2 originally and didn't know the difference or if he's deliberately misrepresenting it.

The bit that I find most interesting is that the plate from the drivers door is missing. I only have the VIN from the engine compartment to tell me that the engine is "wrong" but that plate may have been removed by a previous owner.

Anyway, if you see this car and are looking for a 1964 1/2 then please be wary. I don't know how much he's asking, but if you want a nice looking converted 'T' class then this seemed to be a nice car.

Z.

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Actually, the VIN on the fender would give you a pretty good clue that it's not a 64.5, if you know your production numbers.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup... I guess it would... (They started the consecutive build number higher didn't they?)...

I just remember looking at the first part of the VIN and seeing the T...

5R07TXXXXXXX

I forgot about the sequences changing...

Z.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts