Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my wife has been wanting a "better" car for quite some time now and to park the ulgy 1990 olds she been driving for 4 years. she said she wanting a midsized car. so we wentlooking yesterday we looked at a bunch of late model thunderbirds and cougars,never really finding something she liked,wrong color paint,interior,price too high,etc,etc,
after 3 hours i just came out and asked what kind of car do you want?...and i was overjoyed to hear "mustang"!!!! yooooo hooooo!!!!...we pulled into a dodge dealership to see what they had on the used lot and she spotted it.she said "thats my car". its a 2000 V6,black grey cloth interior,ac,cassete,cd,power windows,mirrors,locks,keyless entry and trunk, and five speed.
she wanted a auto,she has only drove a stick once in her life about a year ago when i took her out to play with the clutch in our 89 toyota tercel. i'm very proud of her,she drove it all the home(about 45minutes) by herself!... i couldn't drive it because we had took the mach1. this is the first decent car she has ever had.she's bouncing off the walls lol..even went out early this morning to set the clock and play with that clutch!!!...now shes saying she taking her mustang to nashville in april also! lol and i'm not leaving the mach1 at home... so i guess this is the question. anyone need a ride to the 40th mustang bash??!! we are taking 2 mustangs lol

http://a8.cpimg.com/image/88/88/22669448-0d86-028001E0-.jpg

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Thats a nice looking car, wish I could afford something that nice for my wife. Someday........

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks,sycostang67....the mustang has 55,000 miles on it,our payment is 185.00 a month.... can we "really" afford it? maybe/no,we are making cuts in other parts of our lifes to have the mustang. life is just too long and short not to have some things that make you happy. my wife came a "bad" home while growing up,streching evey penny as far as it would go, after years and years getting above that and making her way through collage and after trying for 5 years getting a teaching job,the mustang is her reward for being the great person she has become and not using her "raising" as a crutch for not reaching her potential.last week she got the full time teaching job that she has worked soo long to get.so know she will be the coolest english/special ed, teacher in school :0)

·
Administrator
19,317 Posts
Cool!
Looking at your backyard I see you have the same problem as we do. Your own used car lot and nothing to drive ::
I've got to put SWMBO in something nicer one of these days. She's been after me for a couple of years. At this point I'm looking for something "smallish and shiny". I think.
#1. Forced her to buy an 86 Mustang which I later converted to a 302. She's driven it 5 years. Complains the paint is looking awful (it is) and it needs various mechanical attentions. I say I can't work on a car whose second home is the WalMart parking lot.
#2. I need something to haul grandchildren. Bought an Aerostar with Ford's classic sun-damaged paint. Wrong. Ugly and "I can't see to back up". Had it a year, she's never driven it, not even to find if she indeed can't see to back up. Kid's car blew the engine and they borrowed it.
#3. Brought home an 87 Bronco, shiny, nice interior, motor needs some work. "It's too big! I can't drive that." Have yet to work on the engine. After I fix it, I guess I'll drive it and sell the Aerostar.
#4. Beats me, something will come up I guess. I have a pretty good list of what she DOESN'T want. SN95 Mustangs are on it. Dammit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts