Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone has a moment that could of been. Here is my story. If Jeff from Spokane is reading this , you know it well.

Jeff told me his dad knew a guy in Portland Oregon that owned the number 1 AC cobra 289 car. Raced it at PIR for years . Stored it in a car trailer next to his house. When he told me at that time it was in pieces. But all there. I told him to tell his dad , when it comes up for sale tell me.

As time passed come to find out the gentleman sold it two weeks before I was told. I wanted to round up 9 other investors to purchase and restore it. Then run it at auction. A high end investment that I felt would be in the millions. The gentleman sold it for $470K . SAAC just posted in a news letter today. It sold at auction for 12,500,000.00 . Yes I was right and missed my moment. SAD! But on better news I did stay in a holiday inn express once. LOL......

Tell your missed moment?

Troy

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
68 GT500 KR Convertible for 15k. 20yrs or so ago. Complete car that had been in dry storage for many years. Went back a couple years later and it was gone. He also had a 68 GT350 fastback among many other Mustangs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts