Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am stumped. My passenger brake light will not come on when the pedal is depressed. Funny thing is the taillights work and the signals work on that side? Anyone know what the heck is going on? ::

G

·
0 Posts
If you get the driver side, then this usually means you have a grounding issue with the RH side. Have you tried a test light on the plug to see if you are getting current to the RH side? Might double check your little white splice connectors, might need to reseat them.
I had lots of problems with a GT350 convertible that I've been working, no brake lights at all. Ended up being the turn signal switch.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Charles, I knew that was on the list of culprits, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something obvious.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
your brake light comes on same wire as TS. seems your problem is one i have never seen which is brake signal not getting thru TS switch for that one side only and not other side. after leaving TS switch brake light and TS light have same circuit and use same bulb filament. wire 10 (green with red stripe)or 511 (green) come into TS switch and get sent to right output wire directed by TS switch (right or left). the wire 10 or 511 is caused by schematic error that is copied in Osborne Electrical Assy Manual and i have not have time to straighten it out. wire 10 is shown coming out of headlight switch going to brake light switch and also going to TS switch which it can't since it can only go to one place. i believe 511 is one that goes from brake light switch, up column thru column connector, and on to TS switch but my Shop Man schematic shows wire 10 going to TS switch but does not come up column bundle. i believe wire 10 goes from headlight switch to brake light switch - when you depress brake pedal wire 10 +12vs goes thru switch and out 511 and on to TS switch. am interested in your problem and keep us posted. PM me if schematic or other question but i believe TS switch is your problem.

·
Registered
333 Posts
It could also be that your turn signal lever is not coming back up and staying in the neutral position. Hold the lever up a bit and see if the brake light comes on. I have that problem with mine.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
::
I disconnected the turn signal switch and the one brake light went out. Reconnected a new turn signal switch and presto...both brake lights now work again!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts