Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who here would like to see a categaory for long-lost or even stolen Mustangs?
I've had a couple cars stolen from me over the years, and I know I would be eternally grateful to anyone that helped me turn them up!

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Be careful what you wish for. My 70 got stolen. Insurance paid appraised value. I spent the money on two other Mustangs. I subsequently found the stolen car a year or so later through my word of mouth Mustang "hunting". If it is officially recovered, it's not mine anymore. I have no claim to it as the title was signed over to the Insurance company. Simply giving them their money back is not in the rule book. The vehicle would have to be auctioned. I would have to be the winning bidder to get my own car back.

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
I would. My first '66 was stolen from my driveway about 15 years ago. I still wanted to rebuild the front suspension, but that was all that was left to do to be completely finished with the restoration. I only had liability insurance on it at the time (they weren't worth what they are today), so lost th 1 1/2 years of work, all the blood, sweat, and money that went into that car. Never got a dime for it, and the car was never recovered ... not that anyone but me ever looked for it *LOL*

When I reported it stolen to the Sacramento County Sherrif's office, the first thing they told me was "You do realize it is a misdameanor to falsely report a stolen car, don't you?" Then they proceded to take the car info over the phone, and that was the end of that.

I'd still love to have that car back, as it is still rightfully, and LEGALLY mine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts