Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I have my display preferences to display all user's signature pictures. I do get some pictures in the signature section and some in the main screens, but from the posts, it appears that I should be getting pictures, and I'm not. It's very erratic.

For example, I know Camachinist put up his ugly mug on the very first set of posts, but now all I see is his little race car. Everyone references his mug, so it appears that it is appearing quite often. Am I mistaken?

I checked my shorts, but there doesn't seem to be any missing pictures there either. I'd recommend not looking there anyway, as it is not a pretty sight...*G*

Let me check your shorts! My multimeter is just a-waiting!
King of the Old VMF with >5000 posts, so ignore the titles here...I'm really THE Old Fart *LOL*

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
Pany people are discovering the same thing we did with the Reader's Rides forum. There's a lot of free "crappy" servers out there such as geocities, yahoo and others that will not serve up their pictures to foreign domains. Jay has a post with a growing list of those sites. It is becoming painfully obvious as to which servers they are as people are now trying to reference them from a foreign server for the first time.

I think Camachinist has been playing with his (no, his pictures, not his shorts)

If you always do what you've always done,
You'll always get what you've always got

·
Premium Member
19,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't see it in your post, but did in your profile. I checked the source code of the page, and it did not include any sort of a link to a url or picture.

King of the Old VMF with >5000 posts, so ignore the titles here...I'm really THE Old Fart *LOL*

·
Premium Member
19,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
But then again, neither can my shrink! *LOL*

It appears that folks can see pictures in posts, but I can't.

I'm aware of the hosting conflicts. I use geocities and have access to attworldnet, but that conflicts as well. My local ISP only provides 5MB or so. As webmaster for the Bay Mustang Club, I have 200MB space on Hemmings.com. I'll try that later. If that doesn't work, I'll have to pursue the recommendations put forth by y'all.

Maybe I have some extra MB in my shorts...no...completely full.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
It feeds from the same URL in the "edit profile" section. Do you have "show pictures in posts" turned on on your profile?

Re-reading this now I see myself over here
<------------------------

Hal
Love hard, drive fast, wear your seat belt.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by whisperer on 03/06/01 10:11 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
Your local host allowing 5MB is all you should need for pics... unless you go overboard with the cats and flamingos. Also, it's rare for the small local companies to restrict your links.

[email protected]
1967 351W Convertible
2000 Mustang GT
Please bring back last post to top!

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
Sorry, I guess I wasn't very clear. I think the problem is that the pics you can't see, neither can the rest of us. I've been seeing broken links on this forum since it's inception because of the lamo servers out there. (this is assuming as whisperer said, that you have pictures enabled in your profile).

If you always do what you've always done,
You'll always get what you've always got

·
Premium Member
19,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I did that right at the beginning. LIke I said, some pictures I see, but others I don't.

·
Premium Member
19,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I futzed with my "post user pictures" thingy on my preference display page, all with no dice. I even checked the source code of the page, and there's nothing to indicate a picture here. Whisperer: are you sure you're not pulling my leg?? And just what is in those cigarettes you're smoking? *LOL*

1 - 13 of 13 Posts