Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If a warranty tag is missing from the drivers door, is there any other way to verify the cars true features (original exterior color, interior, transmission, etc...).

Thanks

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Only if there is a buck tag under the hood (not all cars came with them, and many were lost) or if you are lucky enough to find the build sheet under the dashpad, wrapped around the wiring, stuffed into the headliner, or under the seat or carpet.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
YES!!!

However it depends on how much documentation you have on the car... I uncovered this sheet in some of the papers the seller gave me (the door data info is in the bottom right corner).. I guess it helps when you buy the car from the original owner (i consider them the OO, even though a car rental place owned the car first for a couple months)

http://a0.cpimg.com/image/C2/E5/11387330-e402-02000190-.jpg

·
Registered
10,129 Posts
Not for the early cars but you can deduce some of the info by looking in hidden places for exterior and interior colors. You can also look at the Mustang Production Guide by Smart and Haskell and see if your vin is close to another. From that you might deduce some other info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts