Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My subscription isn't up for near a year on MM and they are POUNDING me with "renew now" notices. Last time this happened it was from Mustang Illustrated then they merged...I still have some of the left over subscription merged into my other sub. They are spending more in postage and junk mail to get me to renew a year early...WHY! Friggin idiots, let it get a little closer and I will do it on my own. I'll probably get one per month till I do! Is the economy so bad that you need my $34.50 today and have my Sub paid up through the middle of 2006? Someday Paul will have to pay Peter back, what gives.

<steps off soapbox>

Sorry, just jerks my chain the way marketing morons work.

·
Premium Member
4,935 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me, several
renewal notices way in advance! Seems like
I have heard that the renewal rate for magazines
is not very high so they lose a lot of suscribers,
they are just trying to keep you on the mailing list!
I didn't renew mine because it seemed to be going
downhill at the time but seems to be better lately.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
The last bit before my subscription ran out i noticed the same thing. I let my MM sub go.....too much money for me at the time (CDN $$$). I subscribed for 14 years and was really wanting to continue the subscription, i miss some of the reading but technical wise this forum is way better.

·
Registered
10,413 Posts
Subription sales, circulation are farmed out to another co. MM subscriptions sales, etc. are handled in Boulder Co. All publications get a little ahead of time on renewals-part of doing business. Hope that Primedia doesn't "reward" us by another 10 page drop in size like they did for '03! The ol' keep the big cereal box size, reduce the quantity trick! If they reduced the sizes of boxes to match the quantity, there'd probably be a 1/3 more space for mdse in stores! Primedia does believe in "downsizing"! :(

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
20,855 Posts
I used to subscribe to all 3 "old Mustang" magazines. A big part of the reason I let them lapse is the renewals. I kept getting the feeling they were asking me to renew my yearly subscriptions every 6 months or so.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea, not to get back on the soapbox, but the recycling of articles is another grave annoyance of mine. I did learn in wholesale that the packaging cost a lot more than the actual product in many cases (pair of bicycle handlebar grips cost about $.25-.50 to make and about another $3-4+++ to package. Perhaps they have less advertising or say the same amount of stuff a few pages quicker ??? Postage is probably a major factor...I find it hard to believe that a few pages makes that much difference. I did look at my Dec '00 edition (100 pages) and my June '03 edition (92 pages Hmmmm).

I would imagne that a lot of people lose interest and don't renew, thus their packing your mailbox with notices once a month or more. I think it was a phone solicitation that I actually renewed MI right before they went under...two more years I think. wound up being tacked onto MM LOL. I guess we'll have MM for a while longer, at least till my phone rings from them.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Content wise this forum beats them hands down. Real time letters and questions/answers. Basicly zero cost on our end (thanks Bob) and much more to look forward to. I do like to get my MF and MM once a month in my mailbox though. It puts a corperate view on the whole Mustang hobby and includes a bunch of adds to browse that don't need clicking and can pile up on the table and remind me what my car could look like some day. At $34.95 for two years, pretty cheap too. I spent that much on Chinese take out for my family Sunday night.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts