Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've added judged classed to our show this year to get ready for next year's MCA National here.
Been trying to come up with modified rules. Not easy!
Does anyone's club use modified MCA judging rules that seem to work well?
Willing to share? If so, PM for Fax #.
We would greatly appreciate help.
Thanks,
J.

·
Registered
10,413 Posts
Modified MCA from the two shows in Fl. that have attended, seems to take the objectivity out of it and allow for individual interpretations. It can become the "luck of the draw" for a participant. :: One judge sees it different than the other. Granted, that in concours judging, a judge may have a certain "favorite" area but there are guidlines. No matter what, it will never be totally without "human" interpretations. ::

·
Administrator
19,498 Posts
Joyce, I finally found an example that our club put together. I'll fax it to you tomorrow as I forgot to bring them in to the office today. :eek:

·
Registered
406 Posts
Joyce,

I think the easiest way to look at this is in simple terms. All that really matters at a local-type show is workmanship, cleanliness, and condition. Use these factors for the following categories of the car: Exterior, Interior, Trunk, and Engine Compartment. Limit each category to 10 points. If you are giving first, second, and third place awards, then add a category for "wow factor" to differentiate the cars. "Wow" is what really impresses the judge about that car.

Create classes so that no more than 3-5 cars are in any category.

This approach has worked for many years and many different types of local car shows.

Regards,

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Joyce,

I will email you the rules that TVMC uses.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts