Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had luck in modifying the Ford Racing Parts harness? I want to remove the canister purge, TAD and TAB, but not get the MIL light on all the time. I noticed that Ron Morris now has thermactor and canister purge removal kits. I am still reading mixed reviews about removing the EGR spacer. Ron Morris says that his kit fixes the MIL light, but does it correct the fuel map?

Full of questions tonight. Anyone found a good website that details info like that above?

Thanks for the responses the other night. I finally got the nerve to drill the huge hole for the ECU connector and grommet.

Thanks,

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I had a thought. Can I just measure the resistance of the TAD and TAB solenoids and substitute a resistor in the harness between the two wires?

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
ask the 5.0 boys at corral.net forums

·
Registered
692 Posts
Your thought is correct. A 10k ohm resistor will keep you from getting error codes. Here's a link to an FFCobra forum webpage with a better description. I did the same thing with the stock 90 Mustang harness in my conversion, and it works great. I kept the EGR, while some others have removed it. It does clean the engine up a little, but thats about the only gain from removing it. I remember reading a webpage that was pretty detailed about how it works. It doesn't hurt performance, and actually helps the engine run cleaner, so I kept it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts