Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the story is this...
My son wanted an old Mustang and started me on the search for his baby. I found him a 65 a week ago and brought her home. I had a mechanic and a body and paint person picked out to fix her up but unfortunately the body guy doesn't have time right now. Long story short I don't know what to look for when searching for a new person. I am also probably wishing for the moon, but I would like the car to be done by summer of 2019. My son is a combat vet and due to injuries sustained, he will be coming home when his time is up. This is the reason why this post is titled as it is. I want to give my son a reason to smile. Any help, advice or maybe even a referral to a paint and body person in Oregon would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
8,913 Posts

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
You might contact The Mustang Store in Kent, Washington. I hear they are pricey but good. They might have a recommendation.

Also, if you are on Facebook, join the Mustangs & Fast Fords, of Eugene Oregon https://www.facebook.com/groups/229942614373593/?ref=br_rs
I am betting they will have all kinds of recommendations.

·
Registered
787 Posts
And from all of us here, tell your son that we thank him for his service, and the sacrifices he, you, and your family have made. Maybe try to contact someone at his base, and see if they are able to help you out in any way. I would bet that someone in the motor pool has a friend that is a vet that likes to help other vets, etc, etc. I wish I could be of help finding someone, but alas I don't know of anyone in that area.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts