Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I see an ad on our company bulletin board, guy selling his folks' 1980 Mercury Marquis, 351C, AOD, 68k miles. Is this stuff usable for the brake swap, etc? I think he wants to sell it to somebody who will baby it. I'll baby it, alright...

Dan
Be a good dad to your kids and phone your mom twice a week...

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
I'm not positive, but I'd think not, at least for front brakes. The Marquis is a totally different platform than the Monarch. I'm sure somebody will correct me if I'm wrong.

Jim Vogel
Tallmadge, Ohio

http://beta.freepichosting.com/Sites/12217.jpg

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
I think Jim is right.
IIRC the 80 Marquis is the full-sized land yacht and would not be an acceptable donor for brakes. Almost certain that the engine would not be a Cleveland. Could be an 'M' (Modified) or 'W' (Windsor), though. The M is not my favorite motor.

Glenn Morgan: 66 GT V-Burgundy Fastback 351w+toploader+9 in. TracLoc. Started out as a rusted-out Chicago-area crusher. After sacrificing a solid 66 coupe for its sheetmetal sub-assemblies, I have one solid (and expensive) work in progress!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, guys. I know nothing of the brake swap and less of Mercuries. The guy said 351C in his ad. I did not speak to him because i didn't want him to get excited that he was going to find a fish for his whale. He was asking $1900. I was gonna offer $100. I sold my '82 Granada to my next door neighbor for $500 in 1990 because it was a dog and I didn't want him whining back at me. I made him sign an agreement that he would never bitch to me about it.

Dan
Be a good dad to your kids and phone your mom twice a week...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts