Vintage Mustang Forums banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
lol....Ok, lets talk about a song that started a lot of it. This 17 minute long hit from 68 contains early metal, psychedelic, jungle beat and even a section that movies like Halloween borrowed for their sound track. Used with great effect in the climatic windup of the movie Manhunter.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
lol....Ok, lets talk about a song that started a lot of it. This 17 minute long hit from 68 contains early metal, psychedelic, jungle beat and even a section that movies like Halloween borrowed for their sound track. Used with great effect in the climatic windup of the movie Manhunter.

I threw that out to the cover band at a bar in New Orleans a decade or so ago, and they played the whole thing. I was shocked.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
well guys i don't give a damn about any trumpet playin' band
It ain't what i call Rock and Roll !!!!
where do you think rock and roll started? it was rooted in the big band era, and split off in the early 50s, but they still used some of the big band instruments. and check out groups like herb alpert and the tijuana brass among man others.

I'll get really worried if he starts singing country... I have to wear my headphones when I go into Atwoods or other farm stores as it's like nails on a chalk board and very disturbing if you listen to the lyrics.

My girlfriend stole my truck
she ran over my dog
she took my beer
threw my favorite cowgirl hat in the mud
drank my Dr Pepper
and so on and on......
man there are a lot of musoc snobs around these days. personally i like most music from the 90s to the 90s, the 1690s to the 1990s, and even beyond as long as it has a good beat, and it doesnt even have to be fast either. mozart, bethoven, and tchiakovski among others had some great tunes.

always like this song as a kid

Hot Rod Lincoln
Commander Cody And The Lost Planet Airmen
My pappy said, "Son, you're gonna' drive me to drinkin'
If you don't stop drivin' that Hot Rod Lincoln"
Have you heard this story of the Hot Rod race
When Fords and Lincolns was settin' the pace
That story is true, I'm here to say
I was drivin' that Model A
It's got a Lincoln motor and it's really souped up
That Model A Vitimix makes it look like a pup
It's got eight cylinders, uses them all
It's got overdrive, just won't stall
With a 4-barrel carb and a dual exhaust
With 4.11 gears you can really get lost
It's got safety tubes, but I ain't scared
The brakes are good, tires fair
Pulled out of San Pedro late one night
The moon and the stars was shinin' bright
We was drivin' up Grapevine Hill
Passing cars like they was standing still
well if you like derivatives, but here is the original;

from charlie ryan

and an early cover from johnny bond

both much better than the commander cody version, though his isnt bad either.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
by the way, there really was a hot rod lincoln that inspired the song.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
man there are a lot of musoc snobs around these days. personally i like most music from the 90s to the 90s, the 1690s to the 1990s, and even beyond as long as it has a good beat, and it doesnt even have to be fast either.
lol...VERY varied interests here too.... although I must admit that I don't listen to much classical or rap. The list of concerts I have seen are across the board, Aerosmith, Jackyl, Bill Monroe, Beach Boys, Jan and Dean, Clarence Carter, Loretta Lynn, Alabama, Garth Brooks, BB King, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Rolling Stones, Clapton.....the list goes on and on. Not to mention all the old time gospel I was exposed to growing up.
My collection of Blues goes way back ....probably half dozen versions of House Of The Rising Sun dating back to 1922.

·
Premium Member
1967 Mustang coupe, 351 Windsor transplant, Edelbrock Performer RPM cam, air gap manifold and heads.
1 Posts
"Gripping the wheel his knuckles went white with desire
The wheels of his Mustang exploding on the highway like a slug from a .45
True Death: 400 Horsepower of maximum performance piercing the night
This is Black Sunshine..."

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
where do you think rock and roll started? it was rooted in the big band era, and split off in the early 50s, but they still used some of the big band instruments. and check out groups like herb alpert and the tijuana brass among man others.
It all started with Mr chuck berry as far as I'm concerned....rock n roll .... the performance!!!!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Ooh, trouble-free transmission
Helps your oil's flow
Mama, let me pump your gas
Mama, let me do it all
Talking 'bout love, ah
Talking 'bout love, oh
Talking 'bout

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
It all started with Mr chuck berry as far as I'm concerned....rock n roll .... the performance!!!!
Close...It all started with the Jazz. Those cats brought it...

Allen
Yea but we're talking about rock n roll mate so aye
irregardless early rock and roll had horns as well as drums and string instruments of various types. it wasnt until the 60s that those instruments started disappearing from the scene.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts