Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
I am sorry, I cannot find one thing appealing about those automobiles. They just look stupid to me................I just don't understand. Does that mean I am getting old? lol

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

They just look stupid to me................I just don't understand. Does that mean I am getting old? lol

<hr></blockquote>

Nope, it just means your perfectly sane /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Gary

·
Registered
916 Posts
HAHA I just dont get it!!!

·
Registered
645 Posts
I also like a good stock BMW, like the M3,M5, or the 3 series. These cars come stock with the look that all the Civic kids want. They sit low, have big wheels/tires, handle well, accelerate well. You can tell the owners of those cars on that page want to individualize their cars to separate them from other Bimmers... too bad, cuz now they look like SH&*

I've never understood why people buy aftermarket parts and slap them on, just because they exist... like a car that comes stock with niiiice wheels, get tossed in favor of ones that look really cheasy, and don't have the right backspacing and everything... People must think, "ya, I know what I'm doing more than the factory designers did by putting these Konig wheels on my M3. Those badas$ stock ones just HAD to go!"

Oh well, just makes nicely done rides look even better when these are around /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
699 Posts
Some tuning with taste and "original" parts is ok I think, but putting on cheap aftermarket parts on
BMWs is a shame. The pictures on that site were a good example on the way how "not to do it".

Same is true for Mustangs and other good/nice cars.
Too much tuning and cheap parts, makes the whole car look cheap and ridiculous.

But of course people that do that kind of stuff to their cars, want attention.
And look, they actually get it! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
Not like admiration and respect, but rather laughs... . /forums/images/icons/wink.gif lol

·
Beach Bum
5,694 Posts
Thats iut, I thought I saw it all untill now. WOW they were FUGLY. I need one of those barfing smile faces right about now. YUK!!!.

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
21,254 Posts
Interesting. "I hate everybody whose car isn't like mine".
OK, the majority of the cars were silly. And some horribly mutilated ones. Some of them I thought were quite well done. I am not completely allergic to aerodynamic stuff. I'm watching a bunch cars with some of biggest wings I've seen right now. No shortage of big front spoilers, fender flares, side skirts, and gaudy paintjobs either.
It happens to be the TransAm Racing Buckeye 100 at Mid-Ohio. No spectators seem to be pointing and laughing. All a matter of having the power to back up all that aerodynamic stuff with speed I guess.
Not that I'LL ever buy some huge freaking wing.
(BTW some bright yellow Corvette just won)

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
I think I'll put on one of those huge circle track racer roof dams on the top of my stang. Maybe add the "erector set" wings on the trunk for more effect.

G

·
0 Posts
I'm a little to young to recall anything specific, but does anybody remember the 70's? Vans, trikes, panel painting, murals, ack. To me this era is only different in execution, not concept. It's called individuality, I think. My car is presently in the 70's itself, stickers all over the windows and under the hood, Cragar S/S wheels, air shocks, slapper bars, but no fuzzy dice or a "winky" the cat fortunately. ;-)
I remember paging through that JC Whitney catalog and dreaming about all the goodies in there that I could put on my dream car when I got it, you know, side pipes (the ones with the header tubes snaking in it) them stick on racing stripes and decals that screamed the model or manufacturer, beer tapper shifter handles and such. :)
Yes, all that stuff is getting removed and the car is being updated in case you were concerned.

Tom

G

·
0 Posts
SAo if a Japanese car is a rice burner would a rigged up BMW be a "sauage burner" or what?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts