Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just sold my snowmobile a couple of days ago, got enough money to pay off the loan with almost a grand to boot. Now I want a welder, prefer mig with the gas conversion. Any suggestions?

68 fastback, 390 4V premium fuel
80 5.0 hatch, just finished
91 5.0 coupe, daily driver
84 RamCharger 4x4 extreme mudsliger and winter junker

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
The Lincoln MIG Pak10, with the stitch timer adapter is very highly rated and is around $500. This is a 110 volt system, gas shielded. The stitch timer tool is aroiund $89. What it does is to interrupt the current at a set time. This allows you to weld thin sheetmetal without burning through it. Supposed to be good for replicating factory appearing spot welds. Congrat's on the sale of the snowmobile and the resulted $$ in hand.

sure it's fun (most of the time), but it's only a car.

G

·
0 Posts
I bought a Lincoln Weldpak 155. Came to around $600 (welder plus optional gas conversion kit) at Home Depot, then another $100 for the gas bottle from a welding supplier.

Lincoln makes two weldpak models, one is a 110-volt machine, the 155 is a 220-volt welder.

The 110-volt welder will probably do everything you will want to do on your Mustang, but the 220V will do everything you could possibly want to do, on anything.

Jerry

The FAQs, nothing but the FAQs: http://www.geocities.com/a65ragtop/VM_FAQ

If you can't [color:red]dazzle</font color=red> [color:green]them</font color=green> [color:yellow]with</font color=yellow> [color:purple]brilliance</font color=purple>, baffle 'em with bull

1 - 4 of 4 Posts