Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1967, Ford Mustang
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I have obtained a lot of information from the forums on this site. I have a 67 mustang Coup that I have been working on for almost three years.
The reason I am posting for the first time regarding this issue is for the fact that I would like to ware Mustang enthusiast about Monster Transmission. I would like the
buyer to beware, I own a business and I wouldn't be in business if I treated my customers like this.
How can Monster Transmission still be in business is beyond me?
MTP lied to me about delivery dates and shipping dates on numerous occasions!
I was told 5 weeks, but maybe in 4 on the build. After numerous calls after 2 months, they haven't even started on the build plus customer service was the worst people I've ever had to deal with!
They won't even let me cancel my order. I have tried and customer service tells me it already shipped?
But the tracking number shows nothing? Customer service tells me I will be responsible for the return of the transmission if I cancel plus a restocking fee. But they can't tell me where or why I can't see the tracking information.

·
Registered
1967, Ford Mustang
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi everyone,
I have obtained a lot of information from the forums on this site. I have a 67 mustang Coup that I have been working on for almost three years.
The reason I am posting for the first time regarding this issue is for the fact that I would like to ware Mustang enthusiast about Monster Transmission. I would like the
buyer to beware, I own a business and I wouldn't be in business if I treated my customers like this.
How can Monster Transmission still be in business is beyond me?
MTP lied to me about delivery dates and shipping dates on numerous occasions!
I was told 5 weeks, but maybe in 4 on the build. After numerous calls after 2 months, they haven't even started on the build plus customer service was the worst people I've ever had to deal with!
They won't even let me cancel my order. I have tried and customer service tells me it already shipped?
But the tracking number shows nothing? Customer service tells me I will be responsible for the return of the transmission if I cancel plus a restocking fee. But they can't tell me where or why I can't see the tracking information.
Update: I finally received my Monster Transmission. My mechanic installed it for me and yes he is certified. The first thing he noticed was the tail housing didn’t have a hole for the speedometer to go in. Isn’t this something that should have been discovered durning there final test on the Dano? Minor problem for now.
Next my mechanic test drove my 67 and said I only have 1st and 2nd gears, WTF!
He also said the transmission was bone dry when he received it. The transmission takes 13 quarts or so and when you drain it to ship or drain it period your still going to have fluid you can’t get out. So does this mean they never tested it as they claimed they have?
My mechanic can’t get them to return his phone call. I will keep you posted.

·
Super Moderator
10,750 Posts
I’m always Leary when members join and start posting for the sole purpose of bad mouthing a vendor.

·
Registered
1967, Ford Mustang
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’m always Leary when members join and start posting for the sole purpose of bad mouthing a vendor.
I can understand your concern.
But the fact is I have been a member since 2018, so not sure how that applies to me Israel. I wouldn't bash a vender if this was something minor, it's not how I roll. It happens sometimes and I understand that.
I am trying to alert members about a big problem and I would hate to see anyone go through what I have been going through.
Look at the BBB listing I posted for Monster Transmission.
Just in the last 8 months
alone they have over 163 complaints.

·
Registered
1967, Ford Mustang
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This. This is exactly why you pay with a credit card... so if the vendor sells you junk and won't stand behind it, you can get your money back.
Thanks for the advice, I will try that approach.

·
Registered
6,077 Posts
That’s always a pet peeve of mine too, but if a person were to research Monster Transmission for about 2 minutes, they wouldn’t walk away. They’d run fast. I can’t believe that place is even in business and that in modern times of social media and spreading information, that anyone would use them. They’ve been screwing people for 15+ years.

·
Registered
1967, Ford Mustang
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That’s always a pet peeve of mine too, but if a person were to research Monster Transmission for about 2 minutes, they wouldn’t walk away. They’d run fast. I can’t believe that place is even in business and that in modern times of social media and spreading information, that anyone would use them. They’ve been screwing people for 15+ years.
I apologize, I should have done a search beforehand.
Such false advertising, I learned the hard way.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts