Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a Monte Carlo Bar from RestoreMustangs.com and the holes didn't line up. No - the shock towers are fine. The bar slipped right in, but the lower hole was way off. I sent it back and got another one (Scott Drake). Same problem......the holes in the bar don't line up with the bolt locations in the engine compartment. Is this a 64.5 issue or are others having the same problem?? Does anyone know a source for bars that don't need redrilling??
Thanks

Bill Headley
64.5 "D" Coupe

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Maybe it is the 64.5 issue. I installed my Monte Carlo bar, and only had to drill one hole (the one that is forward and along the top of the inner fender).

Good luck...

Steve Leslie, 65 coupe in restoration. 302, toploader, A/C, disc brakes, bench seat

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1571478&a=12287439&p=44845480.jpg

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
I believe it is a 64.5 issue. If 2 or more of the holes do not line up. However, if only one is giving you a problem than I doubt it's a difference in the 64.5. I remember having to file the holes a bit on my '67.

OK ignore what I said (I was thinking export brace)... Sounds like you have the '67 monte carlo bar, the one I should have. The 67 up is different then the 66 down.

[email protected]
1967 351W Convertible
2000 Mustang GT<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Jay on 03/27/01 07:51 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts