This rarely works...the shoulder on the stock bolts is just too small, once it starts spinning, its already stripped most of it away...garbage hardware...I replaced them with real carriage bolts ASAP...I did have to tap them into place since they are a tighter fit above the spring isolator, but they are far better....it also allowed me to go with more length...useful for what I was doing.When I put in my export brace, one of my bolts spun...I jammed a screwdriver along the flat side it to keep it from spinning. Worked out ok.
I used one of those Port-A-Powerrs from HF and a piece of wood. Worked great to drop in my export brace. I think I moved the towers an 1inch or so.
Lol. Just waiting for the new shock tower cap bolts and I'll step into that project! Got new wheels, windshield washer pump and tail light bezels installed today, and readjusted the hood alignment (monte carlo bar installation threw it way out!). Ready as it is going to be for the NRA car show tomorrow.Now the export brace will only be almost impossible! Congrats!
11/16 is correct. I'll try the universal joint and extension before I start the car, otherwise I plan on taking it in to the workshop on Tt Belvoir next week and seeing if they can help.They're and odd size, 11/16" I believe, and I sprayed mine with PB Blaster a couple days before then used a universal joint on the socket and a long extension to get 'em .
From under the car using socket extensions you can usually reach it.Export brace installed. New shocks coming on Tuesday (maybe I should have waited and done it all at once).
Next is replacing the exhaust donut - just have to find a way to get to those damn nuts, borrowed an impact drill, but can't get it under there, and can't seem to get any leverage under there to use a wrench
1966 289 Auto Coupe