Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about adding a Monte Carlo Bar to my '70 Mach 1. I notice that they make straight and curved ones. What is the difference. I have a 351C-4V with the Shaker hood scoop. Will one of these fit my car? Also are they solid or hollow? Does anyone have any past exeprience recommending this? Or not? Thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
They are hollow steel tubes. Usually in black or chrome. The originals were on the Mustang Shelby's for front end stiffening of the suspension and were straight. Then the long oval Shelby air cleaner was added along with the big blocks which necessitated that the bar have a curve in it so as to have access to the distributor.
As for yours I'm not certain but I think since the engine sits further back in your year that you can use a straight bar. But make sure you get one for your year due to width.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Mike, your signature pictures are not showing up.

·
Registered
286 Posts
not sure about the '70, but in our earlier models, the straight bars are SUPER close to the air cleaner, and if you ever find the need to remove your dizzy, it's a real pain. That's why I went with the curved one, and I don't have an oval air cleaner (unless someone wants to give me one...) :)

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Our quick release monte carlo bars will be available towards the end of the month.
The whole bar will be easily removable with the pull of two pins for easy work access to the engine.
As soon as we get finsihed with some testing on them we'll be offering a pre-order sales to the VMF at a discounted price.

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
Hi there I just got a 67 convt and would love to get a Monte Carlo Bar. Where to I call / what web site??? Curved on looks better and is mor functional

1 - 7 of 7 Posts