Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First let me ask for some-one to host 134 pics I have of the event and then post the site here. It may take all night but I'll slowly e-mail them out.

Got to Laguna at 7:10 this morning. Parked with the Shelby Club. Since Ford was the marque of the race this year the Shelby Club took charge of geting Fords parked on pavement, not in the dusty hills. Walked and viewed new cars and historic race cars. Some originals that were just amazing.
George Follmer's Mustang, Roger Penske's Camaro, Sam Posie's Challenger, Jackie Stewart's F1 ELF, a custom '67 Mustang FB with gull-wing doors and hydaulic front tilt hood (nice) from Vancouver Island Canada, GT40s and Psuedo GT40s, Cobras everywhere, Daytonas all over, Lotussss (or is that Loti?).

Oh and we all went for 3 parade laps ::. In a few places I opened the ol'390 up. Got my doors blown off by a Cobra but I did Blow the doors off a late model Mustang. Both of these occurences were coming off turn 11 onto the front straight. Felt great smashing my foot to the floor only letting up to shift. And the corkscrew ::, well I've done it on my motorcycle now in my Mustang. Its almost invisible, as Shaun can attest to, but is a lot of fun. I can see how racing becomes addicitve. My speed on the curves after the corkscrew was up there and I felt the understeer so my first thought was 'I need better rubber' ....and so the addiction would begin, nah, first I'd need a job. :eek:

I met a few VMFers there...and RoadRacer left his business card on my car. Here he traveled from Texas and we didn't meet, oh well....maybe next time Charles.

The bad news about the day was that the TransAm and the GT40 races were YESTERDAY...DOOOOOH!!! But other than that it was a great day with my son and lots of COOL cars. ::

So to see pics I need a host.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I can't wait to see pics, since I miss it every year. Glad you had fun!! Next thing we know you'll be racing every chance you get!

·
Registered
278 Posts
I'm so bummed. Had to work all weekend. Ran into a couple of
guys that had run the track in a new 03 vert at In-N-Out and
talked about the day. :(

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks John, but Jonathan has already offered and I'm sending them his way. I'll let you know if it doesn't work out.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Saturday was freakin amazing. We got there just as the GT40s were going out for practice and we watched them hauling down the front straight. Stayed in the bleachers for Trans AM and was equally impressed. Shelby corral was overwhelming. I have never seen so many Boss 302s in one place. Went up to te cork screw for the last 2 races - GT40s and Trans AM. GTs were fast but more of a show than a race. Trans Am was great - differant leader on every lap - sometimes many lead changes per lap. Best deal of the day, 427 Cobra roller, from Shelby- painted and assembled $35K.
It was a good day to be a Ford fan.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts