Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I am new to this forum and not sure how others feel about this subject.Last night I came across this auction #290181353429 and was wondering how others feel.Selling the motor is one thing but selling the tags and making a k-car is another.I am sure this goes on all the time but maybe not in public like this.

mike

·
Registered
10,252 Posts
This fellow needs to go to the Boss 302 website. There is an entire posting about VIN legalities.

And no, more VMFers are way against changing vins. Plus, it can get you slapped in jail for a few years.

·
Registered
441 Posts
It can be reported to Ebay since it is a listing violation.

·
Registered
5,150 Posts
He has a shipping cost of $10.88? Maybe because of the buy it now price? Some one should see if they can get the vin from the seller and record the vin for furture protection against a rebody.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
There could only be two people in the world who do not think it would be wrong to take a K code engine and the fender stamping and attempt to manufacture a fake K code, and that would be the seller and the buyer. In fact, they probably think it would be wrong, too, but they don't care.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am glad i am not alone on this.I know this is a touchy subject and I might understand a rebody as long as it is advertised as one.But to buy the tags then find a car and replace the numbers thats not right.
mike

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I am not sure there is a listing violation here. The ad clearly states the auction is for the engine and the trans, and you get get the door tag and the vin. There is no mention of a title for the car. I am quite sure that I know what they are trying to do but I guess it could be argued that what you do after you get it is your bis. I feel what he is probably trying to do is wrong but I am thinking it might be hard to prove.
Al

·
Registered
10,775 Posts
Look at who has so far bid on this? Is there a scam going on? What a dumb$hit. I feel for the poor sole that actually jumps on this.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I guess ebay pulled this auction, not a trace of it. If the seller pulled it or someone bought it you would know.Good for ebay but there is still a new k car out there waiting for a new owner.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
looks like it is back. ebay #290182400068 no tags this time.I hope he holds on to them but that probably will not happen.

mike
ps. how do I make a link to that ebay page.this is all new to me

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Hey just copy and paste the web address.
I never know a motor could be worth more then a car he want 10k for the motor wow.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts