Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the start (again)

My had A/C with the original 390 motor. It had an engine change at some point to a 289, and all the interior (from the firewall back) A/C parts are still present.

There are remains of the A/C system in the engine bay which i have documented here

I have studied the Vacuum Schematics Manual but cant make head nor tail of it ::

I want to try and re-do the A/C system but am not 100% what im missing. I know there's a condensor missing, but thats all

Could some A/C experts please have a look at that page and tell me what exactly else is missing , or should be there, but i think ive covered all the remaining parts

(its a late December '67 car, if thats important)

Thanks!

Gary

·
Registered
7,671 Posts
You have the expansion valve still attached to the evaporator, still have the vacuum reservoir attached to the inner fender....

There is a vacuum line from the "tee" on the motor to a "check valve", from there to the vacuum reservior. Coming out of the vacuum reservior, a smaller vacuum hose goes inside the car that actuates the controls.

You are missing the high pressure (liquid) line, the low pressure suction line, heater control valve. I recommend that you pull the AC box, remove the evaporator and have it flushed, install a new expansion valve.

Classic Auto Air (813-251-2356) has all the parts you'll need plus their catalog has detailed diagrams of the underhood area and the underdash area also. They specialize in 64.5-73 Mustangs and Falcons.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys!

Could you give me a rough estimate id expect to pay for all those parts? Are they rare or plentiful?

Gary

1 - 4 of 4 Posts