Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.shermanparts.com/images/part_10.jpg
i just got off the phone with sherman. the full floors have been pushed up an nother 6-10 weeks. but i did get some info out of them. the floor stamping was based on one of a 67 fastback and it is going to be galavined steel. ok get the rough price because their not sure of the price $300. As soon as there for sale im buying one. that will save so much time and welding and look orginal.

ill keep you guys updated

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I'm considering one, as well. My floor is the pits, until you get underneath the rear seat. I'm considering using the door braces to trans shift hole to keep everything square.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can you give me some details on the exact fit pan? Is it an OEM supplier? Where available? What years do they make? Who is your contact? I need one of these really bad.

thanks

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it is being made by sherman parts. it will not be available for at lest a month (thats what they said 2 months ago) the will be for 64 1/2 to 68 my contact is the company it self. they are having problems and thats all i know like i said i will keep the fourm updated. or send me a PM and when i find more out i will let you know personialy

·
Registered
880 Posts
I still have to ask the question...How would you put the dang thing in?? It seems to me that the frame rails would get in the way if you went in with it from underneath and I don't think it will fit in a door opening....not even sure you could fit it through the windshield opening?????.....so unless you have a convertible....installing it might get interesting. :p

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i was thinking the same thing. theres has to be a way of getting it in. im going to be luckly and be able to just slide it in throuhg the front because im replacing the front frame rails and rockers so i will slide it in after the rockers and front clip is cut off but it will be fun to see how some people get it in

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
?.....so unless you have a convertible....installing it might get interesting. :p
You see that pretty little fastback roof on your......uh.......fastback? Lop it off with a sawzall and it just drops right in!!!!!!

:)

I also wondered if it was pretty much a convertible part, seeing that convertibles usually have the most trashed floors anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts