Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I live only about 90 miles from CJPP, I have, until recently, been ordering a lot of Diane's parts from there. But now --- wow, just wow. For several months I had the Legendary LW20 15x7 styled wheels on my wish list and last week when I finally pulled the trigger and ordered they sent 3 only! I got an email that the 4th wasn't available so they were canceling that one even though a phone rep told me they had 70 in Las Vegas. Today , after not getting a tracking #, I called and they told me they had none. Zero. So I was stuck with 4 brand new Cooper tires and 3 wheels -- not a pleasant thought. Then -- I called NPD and of course you know the rest of the story. They have plenty of these in stock and will ship one out today. Paul in NC was very helpful and after this experience and the previous fantastic support from Rick, I'm not sure I'll order from CJPP again, ever. NPD -- a great company which I hope never goes away.(y)

·
Registered
828 Posts
CJ has lower prices for the most part and that reduces the funding that would be used for keeping more inventory and more flexibility IE more cash buffer to deal with CS issues. Most shop on price only and when you do they have to cut somewhere to offer those low prices.

I order from several vendors and have ordered a decent amount from CJ but only certain items and I know their business model going in so it doesn't bother me. When we finally move to somewhere near Charlotte from Crematoria (Texas) I will buy more from NPD since I can pick it up.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
The only time I shop anywhere other than NPD is if NPD doesn’t carry it or I just need a couple small parts and I can get free shipping from CJ. NPD is flat out the best there is when it comes to customer service and knowledge.

Just this week I had a CJ issue - I had ordered TMI Sport upholstery back in November with an estimated 77 day wait time. I had to use CJ because NPD only has the Sport II, which is more bolstering than I wanted. Fast forward to now, and I find out CJ never even placed the order with TMI, essentially starting the process all over and making it almost 5 months before I get my upholstery. I don’t like pushing for freebies, but I was shocked there was no offer to expedite the order or provide a discount as an apology. Just further cemented my thoughts that it’s NPD only if possible.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
I love NPD. They have been absolutely great to work with. I ordered the wrong part a few months back and planned on driving up to their FL location to return it and buy several other parts. Well work and then and still trying to sell our home I finally shipped the item back and they refunded me. This and several other times they have gone above and beyond what anyone would expect. They always answers me emails!!!!!

Sadly when I first got back into the mustang game I split my order between NPD and another vendor. Knowing what I know now I wish I had purchased everything from NPD from the start.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Just this week I had a CJ issue - I had ordered TMI Sport upholstery back in November with an estimated 77 day wait time. I had to use CJ because NPD only has the Sport II, which is more bolstering than I wanted. Fast forward to now, and I find out CJ never even placed the order with TMI, essentially starting the process all over and making it almost 5 months before I get my upholstery. I don’t like pushing for freebies, but I was shocked there was no offer to expedite the order or provide a discount as an apology. Just further cemented my thoughts that it’s NPD only if possible.
After all that grief and waiting, why not just tell CJ's to pound salt and order directly from TMI? They have an online shopping cart

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
After all that grief and waiting, why not just tell CJ's to pound salt and order directly from TMI? They have an online shopping cart
I would have explored other ways to order for sure, if there was an easy one. TMI doesn't list the regular/original Sport seats on their website - just the Sport II and Sport R. Because they are now considered a custom item with the Sport II and R being more common, they aren't in stock anywhere and the wait time is due to TMI needing to build the seats. Since CJ already had my money and I'd have to wait anyway, I just kept the order.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts