Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found some more LED options for both the Parking and Tail lights. There has been a lot of talk around here lately about this mod... and how some don't like some of the tail light products (Mustang Project)because they don't fill the entire lens area. It sounds as if the Mustang Project ones have fewer LED's than the Northwest Mustang ones which appear to fill up the lens better. Is that a correct assessment?

Well, here is another one, but it replaces the entire lens. (it looks like the Northwest Mustangs still wins for having the most LED's per section however)

new LED tail light

also from Rodworks, a replacement parking/turn signal...

LED parking light

cool huh!?

Has anyone tried either of these products yet?

I'm going to rewire my parking lights so that they will stay on with the headlights.... and i want to change them out to LED's for an extra bright turn signal and longevity since it will be on more often. I want these also to fill up the ENTIRE lens area. I also want to keep the Amber lens. I don't like the look of the clear lens with an amber colored LED that Mustang project has.

I find my only other LED option using my existing amber lens would be this...

24 LED with side lights

does this fit? has anyone used it? does it fill up most of the lens?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I've seen postings on RodWorx LED's before. I like the idea of the all-in-one approach. I'd also like to hear from someone who has used their stuff before I buy. Absent a bad review... I like the RodWorx approach better than Northwest/Mustang Project.

Regarding the superbrightled's link you posted, I'd like to see a pic of that bulb alongside a standard bulb (for size/dimension comparison).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just installed the LED tail light lenses. Good fit and very brite across the whole lense. The red color is a little lighter than the old lenses, but old lense could have darkened with age. I found them on ebay for $75.00.

·
Registered
8,021 Posts
Wow, good price, now they are $79 plus $12 shipping!

John Harvey

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
I bought mine from NPD a coupla years ago. They fill up the lenses. I love 'em.

They were probably the first version of this type of light available. They weren't the easiest in the world to install and I won't reveal the ridiculous price I paid for them.

These RodWorx kits look awesome! They look to be a better design than what I have, and perhaps even those from Northwest Mustang. If I were shopping today, I'd be all over those.

The only downside I see is that the lenses are a little pale-looking. Factory lenses are somewhat darker, and I prefer that deep red color.

I wish they offered LED parking lamps for my '68. Thos '65 versions look awesome, too.

Those kits look like how I envisioned LED conversions should look.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
That RodWorx parking brake kit is interesting.

I have actually been trying to find an amber fog light that I could retrofit into the exiting parking brake/turn signal light location, but this might do.

Tim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts