Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pay my dues as we all do. I expect all the people involved with the everyday business to have a regular 9 to 5, I expect things to take time. Now I appreciate all the answers to my stupid, uninformed show questions & I appreciate all the good answers & patience with me. Now the rub, I'm e-mailing, I'm waiting, no replies... made sure to include my membership number, name & address. I hurt from all the e-mails I've sent. The only person in 2 years of trying to return one even reply has been Jeff Speegle, he has our gratitude... it's an old movie thing. Can someone enlighten an old Okie without evoking the wrath of the old? I'd dyin' over here!

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
Who are you e-mailing at MCA? If I know, I might be able to help out. You can PM me, if you prefer.

I've also had problems with not getting replies to my e-mail for several people at MCA, including judges and board members, so you're not alone. Of course, there's probably a few at MCA who will never answer me. Heck, they haven't even talked to me at meetings yet! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Administrator
12,995 Posts
Laurie has been a God-send! She has helped any number of times when my emails go unanswered. She is now the first person I go to with a question or problem. Thanks Laurie!
Stan

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
Aw, shucks. Thanks for the compliment! Glad to help out where I can.

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
Laurie, as I'm not a member, I'm curious...are all the staff of MCA volunteers who, like yourself, work a regular job and do MCA stuff in their spare time?

I would think, given the size of the membership, that it would be exceedingly difficult to handle the ongoing business and issues with the membership on a strictly volunteer basis.

Perhaps you can suggest, if all e-mail comes to one domain or is submitted via web form, that MCA invest in some autoresponder software or service from their domain host; at least that way members would get nearly immediate feedback that their query was received and be advised as to what time frame they should expect a detailed answer.

Just a thought...*G*

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have to agree L has been a great deal of help. My wife has the same name... Wazzup wit dat? Anyhoo, I've e-mailed everyone judging anything 64 1/2 to 66. Since I have my judging sheets from another MCA judging I have a good idea, just wanted more input..... Stupid movies! I'm just gonna break out the steam cleaner & go to it... guess I can't drive it as much(only been in the rain twice in 37 years!) but I'm certain I can get a silver... maybe a gold if a certain 1000 never been outside black '65 shows... he'll kill me!

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
That's pretty much true Pat, except for the office manager and the editor. The publisher also receives a monthly stipend. The judges are all volunteers and the only compensation they receive is that the head judges have travel and lodging paid at National and Grand National shows. Some judges are more easily reached than others, but it's all on their own time.

I like your idea about the autoresponder and I passed it on to Jim Chism, MCA Veep, who is in charge of the new website and services.

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
Did you PM Charles Turner? He's a Gold Card for those years, and has always been a big help to everyone here. Also, although he doesn't have e-mail listed, give Wally Short in Albuquerque a call (I think his phone number is listed on the MCA website). He's also a Gold Card judge for those years, is very knowledgeable, and is a good friend of mine. I know he'd be glad to help you out. Feel free to mention my name. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You're too much! I have a friend in Alb. I'll e-mail him the # & have him give up my e-mail addy. If not I'll give him a shout. I'll PM Mr. Turner in a sec. You must be a dynamo like my wife always helping folks. My wife works 40 as a Unix Administrator & does about 20/30 as a volunteer to rescue pets from the gas. You guys can kill the battery bunny LMAO!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can't seem to get it to go to him, I'll e-mail him. Man he has a sweet car!

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
For a PM, use CharlesTurner--one word, that will work. It took me awhile, too. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

1 - 11 of 11 Posts