Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its me again!

I have seen seen a beautiful paint combo on 71-72s lately. Since the body is essentially on a fast track to completion, its time to think about a paint combo to finally shoot some color on my baby. I just saw this color Link
and wonder how it would look on my stang. Ive also seen the bright red with silver mach 1 stripes. yummy?

Also, does anyone have any pictures of a white 71-73 mach one interior with a vermillion accent stripe? I want to look at it before ordering a set of seat covers

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I really like both bright red and the calypso coral(ish) color on that cardomain car. Anyone have any ideas on what color it might be??

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh....I guess I shoulda read it first

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
Nightmist blue (1967 color) with argent stripes. It is stunning on these cars.

So is grabber blue with argent.

Neither of these would match a red interior, though. For that I would recommend black with argent.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh wow, always thought about hittin it up with black.
It would be a stunning contrast to the white interior.
Im changing interior color to white, but dont necessarily need the red accent stripe on the seats!
I just thought it would be good-lookin' to match the stripe and exterior color

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I also really like the blue/argent combo, but ive noticed that it makes the car look "fat"(ter), but I think im gonna stick with bright red or calypso coral with an argent stripe and a white interior

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
What about pewter and black with a vermillion interior? Or silver and black with vermillion?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
we were just talking about pewter and black. I kinda have a love for a white interior, so THATS not changing, but the exterior is still up in the air

·
Registered
603 Posts
69Stroker,

I checked out your cardomain page. Kudos for the excellent job you've done so far. Two questions:

1. Do you have a link to the car of cardomain member dalablast? Evidently he was a great inspiration and I'd like to check his page out.

2. Are you using some kind of dolley. I saw the wheel in the foreground and it got me curious.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/6/web/2910000-2910999/2910159_3_full.jpg

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I will get you the link for his page. Its uber long but oh well. The "dolley" you see is a homemade jig that my dad rigged up. It works really good!!!

·
Registered
787 Posts
I am going with torch red(Corvette color)and the brightest white lemans stripes I can get. The side white stripe is going to say 331 Stroker. Oh and the chrome rocker moldings will be history!!

Dave

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I still think im going to go with either porsche red, torch red or bright red with silver mach 1 stripes. I dont want to get rid of my rocker molding cause once it gone, its gone

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Im truly sick of white cars. Thats all we have are white cars :notamused: ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts