Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a couple of pics of some Ford’s in junkyards from a recent scavenging trip. These two convertible 66 Mustangs have been there for a while. The gold car is way too far gone rust wise to save, but the light blue one is still saveable. The others are a 60 T-bird vert that the yard will sell for $1,500 and a 59 Ford Retractable that I didn’t ask about. It still amazes me that people will junk classic cars like these. The T-bird and the 59 Retractable are both recent abandonments.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
The light blue convertible is a 64 1/2 260 car that originally had a blue top. The gold convertible is an early 65 289 car. I've been to that yard several times and the owner is a good guy, but he won't sell the 2 mustang convertibles.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Thats to bad. Just let them go until they are so bad they can't be saved.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I see some decent tree's in the background for a rope.I hate it when people let'm sit there and rot away.I've had my eye on a 87,000 mile black on black 65 fastback for a few years now and have offered the guy good money for it and he's one of these that insist he will fix it up one day.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Is that at Sonny's outside of Blaine?

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, sonny's. One of my favorites. Know any more hidden yards around Knoxville?

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Thats a sad sight

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Not hidden but Roane Classic Mustang Parts in Midtown.

There is a place on Oak Ridge Highway just West of Knox Auto Parts that has two or three Mustangs just sitting and rotting away.

Also an older yard just across the road from Knox Auto Parts which is fairly hidden from view.

·
Registered
211 Posts
any of you guys ever been in lane's salvage yard near jamestown? not much mustang wise, but about 15 yrs ago, i bought most of the 57 ford 9" rears he had. there's stuff as far back as model a's sitting in the woods surrounding the place.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts