Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The '66 is finally rolling on it's own again, and I thought I'd move on the door skins. Just pealed off the old one, and the bottom half of the door frame is a thin coating of surface rust. Now setting in the corner of the shop is a real handy pressure pot sand blaster that would make this part real clean. But I'm not into dressing up in sandblasting attire in 100 degree heat. Would you put it off to do in the fall, or POR-15 the sucker and let it ride to keep the project going? Besides, the sandblasting won't get everything such as around the hinge bolt plates and the double layers of sheetmetal. Or should I seek a rust free replacement?

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
hell i sandblast in my normal work clothes. For face protection i just use those thick plastic things that they cover products in (tools, toys, etc) over my eyes.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now to be serious. Depending on how fast you want it done, the condition of your restoration(pleasure or show) & just how particular you are... I'd get the gloves & respirator & POR-15 that sucker!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
UPDATE!! I just ordered the POR-15. Hell, if it doesn't work, I can always replace the door later. Hehehe.... Beats sandblasting in 98 degree weather (It's three hours later, it's cooled off some) when the garage is a nice cool 72 degrees. Yep, AC in the garage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts