Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I talked to TCP about the parts not showing up and to understate my response - I was appalled at their lack of concern. Robert told me that I would have my shafts by Friday of last week. They didn't show. He said that they only ship on Thursday and Friday and that they went out then and were in Atlanta today. I reminded him that he told me that I would have them by Friday. He did not care that he told me a BOLD FACE LIE.

He proceeded to ask me who I bought the parts from and placed the blame on them for shipping bad merchandise. He told me that they should open the box and verify that the correct parts are installed on the arms. I turned the question on him as to why TCP did not check them. At that point, he said "I'm glad that we could help solve your problem - good day."

I am still fuming. Can you tell?

64 1/2 coupe built around April 30, 1964
was a 260 3-speed becoming a 5.0 5-speed.

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Sounds like a piss poor customer service rep you got there. Hey where's Jason? LOL
I planned on buying some TCP stuff in the future. I hope this don't make me change my mind.......

I hope they are reading this post! Anyway, I hope you get this solved. I've been reading your posts and I can tell you I'd be pissed too! Good Luck!

See my 69 convertible and the VMF parking lot at: http://www.geocities.com/Bishir1/FrontPage.html
http://www.jps.net/binay/webdocs/frontside_sig01.JPG

·
Registered
625 Posts
I bought some frame connectors for my '65 convertible on Dec. 20 and was told they would be here in 7-10 calendar days. I call about once a week and still do not have my parts. If my employer did business this way, I would need a new job in about 2 weeks. I am also added to the dissatisfied list at TCP.

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
Sounds like under-capitalization or poor management to me...

They have some good ideas and may be growing faster than is safe and, at some point, customer service goes down the tubes...

Your experience is the best way to tell whether the company really wants to serve their customer base or they're just in it for the money...

I'd say the latter is applicable here based on the response you received...

Find out who the president of the company is and write them explaining your situation and the service you have received to date...the answer you receive will be telling both of whether he/she has the pulse of the business in hand and whether the business will last in the long run...

Good luck!

Pat
http://www.jps.net/binay/webdocs/strtmstng002_sml.JPG

·
Registered
655 Posts
I agree with camachinist, in that you should write the president to see what is going on. TCP was not like that when we did our group purchase last year. In fact, UPS lost a set of upper and lower control arms and TCP sent me out replacements before they got it resolved with UPS. It sounds as if the "Gone in 60 Seconds" movie put a backlog in their business and customer service is hurting.

69 Fastback <== Still Not Complete After 4 Years
66 Fastback 6cyl, 3 speed <== Collecting Parts for a 5.0 EFI conversion

1 - 5 of 5 Posts