Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
14,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd re-post this here, yes I'm THAT excited! ;)

More reassembly on the '65 this weekend. Most of the rear is now done, repro trunk lock cylinder isn't engaging...gonna use some advice from Midlife and SacBill that I found with search...should be a simple fix. Hood finally installed w/ the lip molding and pins...looks great! I decided against the F-O-R-D for the front, felt it would be too busy with the GT lights, hood scoop, hood pins and lip molding. Very clean IMHO. ::

Getting close now. A bit more wet sanding/polishing, doors, stripe, dash and then I slap a seat in it and drive it home to finish up the interior! ::

http://home.comcast.net/~fastback65.com/images/resto/re_rear2.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~fastback65.com/images/resto/re_front2.jpg

·
Registered
483 Posts
Greetings,

I think it's looking very good... But I'd want to see a straight on shot without the F O R D before saying that it shouldn't have it there... Perhaps someone would do mockups of it with and without. I'm not sure... Seeing it without the F O R D in the one photo just doesn't look right, but then again, it may not look right with it either... :)

Still, it's looking very good.

Z.

·
Registered
14,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Zwack. :)

In this case...less is more, trust me. No mock up is necessary my friend, the owner has spoken. ;) I did buy new F-O-R-D letters though...but, I'll only use them if I ever decide to go back to the stock hood.

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
Wow....its really coming out nice! :: Very impressive..A few dingle balls and some crooked chrome mud flaps and you'll be styl'n! :eek:

(great job...you can work on mine anytime!) ;) ::

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts
Good thing I didn't stop out on Saturday.......... I might have drooled in it.

Bitch'n ride Bri! Verry Nice!

Ken

·
Premium Member
7,773 Posts
Looks AWESOME!!! I'd be excited too! Not far to go it looks like!!!

It really looks good and like you know what you're doing!

-bob

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
I hate you!!! :p :p But, I love the car and the job you've done. Looks get Brian.

You must be chomping at the bit to get that thing out on the road!!! :: ::

I agree with the call on the FORD lettering. Would definitely be too busy. :D :D

What is with the Magnums??? Where are the Edelbrocks???? ::

·
Registered
14,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
454s are at my friends tire shop in Shoreline, mounted, balanced and ready to go. I'll pick them up (and put 'em on) on the way home with the car! ::

Can't let any wet sanding **** get on my new bling bling baby! ;)

·
Premium Member
7,773 Posts
I don't know jack about this stuff, but I've heard that door mounting/adjustment is a real bugger... In fact, I purposely didn't take the doors off the Shelby when I got it painted. Don't you adjust the doors to the rear door gap and then the fenders the front door gap? Your fenders and hood are already on... how does it all work!??!? I don't understand your mystical ways!

-bob

·
Registered
14,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We left the hinges on the car. We had to remove the doors to take car of the cancer. So, in theory...front to back is already taken care of. The up/down could get interesting. :eek:

This wouldn't be the first time I made things harder on myself than needed. ::

I'll be sure to let everyone know if this was a bad decision. ;)

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
Leave off the FORD.
I think you should leave off the hood lip chrome too.
But, what do I know -- I don't plan on using the corral, the cross bars or bumper either.
Looking very nice, though. Very nice indeed.

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
Of course this is after the fact..."after" I took my doors off, I was told if you drill an 1/8 hole in each side of the hinge "before" you take them off (providing of course they line up correctly to begin with) then just line up the holes when you remount your door....and it makes it a piece of cake. ::

·
Registered
639 Posts
Mine is ready to pull into your booth as soon as YOUR ready! ::

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
I don't know... the Mags would look pretty good, if you got some decent whitewalls to go with them!

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
And there, you see is the problem...no such thing as a "decent whitewall". ;)
All whitewalls are decent, the only trick is getting the right width.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts