Vintage Mustang Forums banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Well now I have orders from both NPD and Summit on the way. I was hoping to get these in early enough to get parts by this weekend, but I'm not going to hold my breath. If I can't work on the car, maybe I can at least get reacquainted with my MIG after a bunch of years of it just sitting.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I finally got my new pedal support installed. What a PITA with a power booster. Everything is in the way! But it's in now and I installed some rod-end clutch rods that I found in storage. Just need to adjust a bit so I can get the lower rod on the fork, and I may need to tweak the upper rod a bit. There's a slight bend in it and it's not facing the right direction so the rod rubs on the booster strap bolt. Hopefully it'll clear enough to install the boot once I turn it a bit.

Once the support was back in, I figured I'd just go ahead and reattach the parking brake handle. That turned out to be almost an hour of fiddling...the studs were pretty nasty and it was hell trying to get the nuts on from the engine bay. Once that was done, I gave up for the day. Lots more to do, but I'm glad something got accomplished!

I've got a new Summit T5 shifter and some random hardware from NPD on the way...was supposed to be delivered Friday and got delayed at the last minute until Monday. I half expected that, but it's still frustrating.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I receive my new shifter, booster hardware, brake pedal pivot, and engine bay wire clip kit all arrived this week. Unfortunately, I won't be able to go visit the car since the garage it's being stored in is getting a ton of work done (loft is being turned into an apartment) and I would just be in the way.

It's one of those things where sure, it's been years since I've driven the car or even consistently worked on it, but now that I have momentum it's torture to wait an extra week. Guess I'll just live vicariously through Autorestomod videos. 😄

41 - 43 of 43 Posts