Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
They should be pretty self explanatory, the one with four slots goes first, then the three slot, then the two slot, Its a ford, so that would be front to back (the front has the fan blades) The MOROSO lettering will face out, unless you think the carb cares what kind of looms you have.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, that's not the part I'm talking about. Look at the looms that don't bolt to the motor, there's 2 4-wire looms(presumably one for each side), and then there's 1 3-wire loom and 1 2-wire. Those are the one's I'm talkin about.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
In the picture, there is one with a bracket in the upper corner of the valve cover, between that one and the one on the lower corner of the valave cover there is one of the four slot ones in there. Save the picture and blow it up a little or look at some of the other setups, the pictures may be easier to understand.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've tried that, it doesn't help much. And lookin at the other setups doesn't do much for me because the other ones are for Chevy which is completely different.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Acooljt said:
I've tried that, it doesn't help much. And lookin at the other setups doesn't do much for me because the other ones are for Chevy which is completely different.
Chevy would only be backwards compared to ford as the distributor is in the back and not the front, they still have 8 cylinders, four on each side.

For immediate technical assistance, call 203-458-0542, 203-458-0546 OR
E-Mail us at [email protected]

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah but Chevy utilizes a 4-bolt valve cover and not a 6-bolt like Ford, so it changes the entire setup. Plus the placement of their spark plugs in the head is also different.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts