Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,779 Posts
I made some money at the Joliet swap, but still have some stuff to sell. I know where Morris is on I-80.
OK, how do I get to that swap from there?
And what time do they open. And anyone know how much for a space?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Not to sure how much the Swap spaces are, but I'm sure you need to get there very early. In past years, there always seemed to be pleny of spaces that were vacant. The show/swap is run by the Morris Lions Club, so maybe you can try to contact them. For the show I would usually plan on getting there around 8:30-9:00am. If the weather is good, expect to see 700-800 cars. I have a phone # you can call. 815-942-8262 ask for Doug.

Jack

·
Registered
231 Posts
Roddster, Go South on 47, cross over Interstate 80, just as you get over it hang a left (route 6) go about 5 miles, it is at a huge chemical plant, you can't miss it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have heard about this show for two years now...now that I want to go rain is in the forecast. Do they have food vendors and real bathrooms? LOL

Hope no one has gotten flooded out with the nasty storms we are getting.

·
Registered
264 Posts
They have a variety of food vendors from the local community. Seems like most use it as a fundraiser. Bathrooms are porti-potties plus a real bathroom as well. It's a field that's used as a picnic grove so the facilities are pretty good. If it's not wet, it's a great venue.

Jack

·
Registered
580 Posts
What is the address of the place or a general location? How is the swap meet would I have any trouble finding a intake, carb, and maybe headers?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks Jack-I'm going to head on out for an hour or so. Maybe see you guys there.: ) Nice weather!

·
Registered
9,779 Posts
CRAP!! I got there by 8:40, and the swap meet was full. So, I was not allowed to set up and sell. I did stay to look around and at least half the vendors were at Route 66 speedway last week to. I really didn't see a lot of stuff "leaving" the swap meet. Oh well. Got to go put it all away now.

The show: At least 900 cars!
The highlights:
Jerry's 68 Gt 350 Convertible.
Alan (he has no computer) Lipshultz's 69 GT 500, nice yellow car. It was also at the Berwyn show.
A Boss 302 with that inline Auyolite 4 barrel. He said he drove it and yeah, it sucks down gas like crazy.
Total of about 25 vintage Mustangs, including a medium blue 67 fastback 390/4speed car.
Other wierd cars:
How about a 57, a 68, and a 59 Skyliner drop tops?
Pantera, a 54 Ford glass top Crown Vic, Some guy at the swap meet was selling a finished 51 Ford flat head for $5800. Had a lot of lookers. How about a real Studebaker Avanti (63) with a factory Paxton? There were a whole lot of cars there to see. I'll have to plan better for next year. Unless it's raining.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Great Show,,,perfect weather...Jim, I didn't see your Mach...were you hidding it somewhere? Paul, I was with Roddster when we say the 67 fastback 390...first thing that we both thought of was would you try to buy it if you made the show (not that the car was for sale)...Roddster..the Pantera took 1st place in his class (buddy of mine)..Alot of good cars...wish we had a few more VMF'ers with their car's there.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I just went to look, parked the Mach across the street and walked the show. The line to get in was way too long for me. Just wanted to enjoy the day and the new Alpine radio I squeezed into the dash.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts