Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1970 Mustang Mach 1
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to replace my 50 year old 9" axles. My Mach1 Is a street car but the engine is far from stock. Dutchman and Moser have drop in replacements that have ~ 20 - 25% high torsional strength. Any recommendation or experience to share? Alan

·
Spammer Hammer
10,008 Posts
I’m sure there are some members here with experience. I would also consider contacting Quick Performance. I’m sure they could advise you on a choice.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang Fastback GT350-Tribute Restomod. 2019 Shelby GT350.
116 Posts
I don't think there is a wrong choice here compared to stock...
I agree. My research showed both are good vendors. My '65 Fastback has 31-spline Dutchman axles and a Moser WaveTrac diff.
Dutchman was an easy choice for me as they're located 5 miles away!

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I had Moser axles on my old coupe with a 9" and they were great. I've heard nothing but great things about Ditchman also. Just no firsthand experience.

·
Premium Member
68 Mustang Coupe
3,516 Posts
I bought dutchman. From the research I did I couldn't find a bad review on them. And IIRC they were cheaper than moser. I have yet to install them, but they look purdy.... They even called to double check my measurements and how I came to get those measurements. Once I explained it was an 8.8 going into a 68 mustang with a centered pinion and I used the stock axles cut down to mock up he was confident in making them.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
i ran a set of Moser axles in a big block 85 tbird I built. never had an issue with them.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I have experience with Dutchman. My friend and I built his chevelle for roadrace/autocross and went with Dutchman axles in the 9" full floating system under his car. He is -brutal- on that rig and it is performing flawlessly.

·
Registered
1970 Mustang Mach 1
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome input, thanks to all. I have been looking at Dutchman since they have better pricing and the ability to order with stock dimensional specs. Have a great day! Alan

·
Registered
954 Posts
I have dutchman axles in my '65 and they are perfect. I did a lot of digging around and they offered quick turn around and a great price. I don't think you could go wrong with either brand.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts