Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The list is by year and not by most collected. Click here and go to Most Collectible American Cars.

I am happy to see that our beloved Mustang made the list twice!!! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
310 Posts
Seems a little biased don't you think? I kind of have a problem with ALL Camaros and Firebirds being included. I mean, I liked my college roommate's 1982 Berlinetta but only because it was fun to make guys ride in the hatch! And that's not to say there weren't any good Camaros out there--IMHO the competition they caused kept our beloved Pony alive.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
IMHO, the Great Collectible American Cars are the ones the man/woman on the street can afford.

Gary

·
Registered
807 Posts
Yeah...that list is kinda weak. I'd like to know where they got that info from and how they came up with those categories.
I guess I should go out and buy that 85 6-banger Camero...it's a collectible.

BOOYAA!!! 88hp to the wheels!
http://www.autotrader.com/findacar/vdetail.jtmpl?car_id=101389600&dealer_id=&certified=n&max_price=4000&start_year=1982&end_year=1987&address=95032&search_type=used&make=CHEV&model=CAM&min_price=0&distance=any&advcd_on=n&advanced=n&first_record=51&=&color=&car_year=1985&ac_afflt=none

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My... What a lovely shade of Puke... I mean Metalic Lime Green.

I too have to admit their list sucks. Show you that anyone can write and publish anything...without facts.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
If you read the basis of the list, it is based on what is expected to appreciate in the next year. Clearly with the demise of the Camaro/Firebird, one can expect them to appreciate in the near term. I cannot fault him for that reasoning.

Clearly this list does not speak to most collectable of all time. Certainly a 427 Cobra would have made that list.

Take a look at the "Cars that made America" list. That list is hard to argue. The 64 1/4 Mustang made the grade there.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I certainly agree that 1967 Mustang convertibles are amoung the ten cars that will most go up in value during the next year. They should have used my car in their photo!

I wonder why they excluded 1932 Ford V-8's as a mile stone car; I would replace the 1955 Chevy with the 1932 Ford.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts