Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a new motor (500hp/500tq) in the car and I put my used 650 quick fuel with mechanical secondaries on the motor. The car was running fine and then it would not start. The rear float was stuck and flooding the motor. I pulled a screw and drained the bowl and then the car started fine. The fuel level in both bowls shows fine. While driving the motor feels like it is occasionally starving for fuel. I put a fuel pressure gauge on it so I could read while driving. During normal driving the gauge shows 10 psi. The motor hesitates with no big drop in pressure or RPM. Car has an MSD ignition system. Car starts, idles and revs fine. Only happens while driving. Should I pull bowls, measuring plates and jets and give everything a good cleaning or should I be looking someplace else? Pressure is at 10 while driving normal, and drops to 6 under full acceleration. Does not appear to hesitate under full acceleration. Stock fuel lines but the car goes hard through all 3 gears. Any suggestions???Thanks, Jeff

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
10 PSI is too high for a holley or holley type. Need to reduce it to 6 or 7 steady state.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts