Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the proper finish for the cast iron mounts that span the shock towers to the motor mounts. Also, what is the proper finish for the mounts themselves? lastly, are all the mounting fasteners left natural or are any of them painted or plated? TIA!

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Shanman -

Don't know the color combos but I'd suspect they're the same black color as the engine compartment. New mounts from Ford come glossy black. The bolts are probably natural.

Nice pic of engine almost out of car.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's more than all the way out now mang! Got boxes and boxes of parts going to the bead blaster today as a matter of fact. If I hurry, it might be back together for the Fire & Water Poker Run next month....you going? /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Your car has the early cast brackets? What is the build date?

I think most of the plants discontinued their use and replaced them with the stamped sheetmetal style around 11/65. My fastback was built in September and it had them. I have no idea if it was the original finish, but they and their hardware were natural when I cleaned the crud off.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes Glenn, my car was built September 15, 1965 and does have the cast brackets as shown here:

http://a8.cpimg.com/image/3A/E9/11927098-e67d-02000180-.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts